Thursday, October 4, 2007

Suck it Jesus and God Damned Wars: the Clip

I've gotta tip my hat to Ain't Christian where I noticed this YouTube clip of Kathy Griffin's appearance on Larry King:



I've always been a fan of Kathy Griffin since I first noticed her on Suddenly Susan. On that show, Brooke Shields was the lead actor, but it was Griffin that stole the show in my opinion with her snarky and sarcastic wit. In the clip above, she pokes fun at both the entertainers that attribute their achievements to a mythical being and the entertainment establishment that panders to their superstitions by censoring comments that are deemed "offensive" to the superstitious.

Featured on this segment is the uncensored clip of what Griffin actually said (it *was* funny, btw) as well as the comment by Sally Field that was censored where she said, "let's face it, if the mothers ruled the world, there would be no god damned wars in the first place!"

Funny stuff from Kathy Griffin:
Griffin: "Bill O'Reilly called me a pinhead. That's a badge of honor."
[...]
King: "Does Bill thank Jesus for his program?"
Griffin: "He should.... you know what I'm saying?.... and a lot of other people...."

No comments: